Within Heritage House school a ‘career’ is defined as a pathway through life for our learners. This includes learning about the world around them, independent living skills, and the understanding of options available to them when they leave school, with support and advice through creative careers education and work/ vocational related learning.
The idea is that we as a school have the vision through our EHCP and starting to show pathways to progression so where they are now and where they would like to be and how we are going to get them there this then if reflected in their EHCP and personalized planning.
There are eight Gatsby benchmarks -
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
Our Career's leader is Sky Gregory and she can be contacted on 01494 771 445